Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

" I'll see you guys when the final whistle blows."

40 years seems so long ago yet it seems like yesterday too when Art Harris and I were playing football in the mud at our local park, playing baseball in high school and winning championships with our church basketball team. I fondly remember the hours of talking sports with Art's dad who was also lost in the tragedy. I remember pitching against Ted Shoebridge and learning quickly that you never get him out with the same pitch twice. Ted was a great athlete and one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet.

I'll see you guys when the final whistle blows.

We are All one Heart, We Are Marshall

Roy Slezak

No comments: