Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Monday, May 07, 2012

"Any real fan of football cannot watch the film without crying"

The newspaper has done a tremendous public service in compiling so much history of the people and events surrounding that time. I was 23 when the tragedy happened and I recall how amazing was the rebirth of Marshall with such great teams and players dominating the nation in the 90s. Coach Lengyel will always be a hero in my eyes, as will Reggie Oliver, Nate and Red Dawson. Any real fan of football cannot watch the film without crying. Richard Kaffenberger University of Arizona, Class of 72

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm from burlington,wv and at the time of the crash i was only 1 yr old. Although I'm not a sports fan, "we are marshall" is one of my favorite movies. Tragic that it had to be based on a horrific event in sports history. My prayers and condolences to the town of Huntington :-( WE ARE...MARSHALL !!!!!