Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

'He knew them all'

I was newly married and visiting my parents the night of the plane crash. My brother, John Hurst, called to let us know he was not on the plane. My aunt and uncle did not know that he had called and came to the house at 7:00 a.m. the next morning because they thought "Johnnie" was on the plane. I will never forget the relief that his life was spared as well as the sorrow that so many others were lost. John can still tell so many wonderful stories of his fellow players. He had used the last of his eligibility and was finishing his education that year. He knew them all and still remembers so much. I wish that he had been contacted when the movie was made. He is a fountain of information having played the two previous years.
-Anonymous

No comments: