Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

'All I need are the memories of a great friend and teammate"

HI Mike,

Artie was a good friend and teammate and I was always treated like part of his family by his mom , dad and sisters. Mister Harris asked me to got the game with him that weekend, but I didn't go because of a previous committment.

I have some great memories and stories about Art and our "escapades" in high School. Art was a fun loving guy and his dad was his biggest fan. Art was destined for the NFL and could have also played pro baseball.

I'm glad you had your brief encounter with Artie because those of us who knew him have been blessed to have him touch our lives.

One day I'll get back to Marshall and take in the memorials. But all I need are the memories of a great friend and teammate.

Roy Slezak

Passaic, NJ/Chandler, AZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roy;
Can you get in touch with me via my e-mail address? I would like some private conversation about Art and his Family.
mike-mcguirk@cfl.rr.com