Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

'God bless the families'

I was 9 years old when I saw "fire" in the sky! My sister and I were taking a family member home on that rainy, foggy night in 1970. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen when we left home. As we topped Rt. 75 hill, I told my sister and my godmother that I saw fire in the sky. They told me it was probably lightening, not to worry so much.

When we pulled into my godmother's driveway and got out of the car, the entire sky was orange and we rushed back around the hill and saw the most horrifying scene of my life! We were the second witnesses on the scene. I will never forget that fateful night as long as I live. God bless the families who lost loved ones that tragic evening! My heart goes out to them.

-Shelley Ball

No comments: