Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Monday, November 20, 2006

'Not a day goes by'

I remember the night oh too well. A number of us had been working to make sure a schedule demonstration regarding racial intolerance on the campus would be peaceful. Redd, Bill Dodson, Angela Dodson, were in dialogue with a number of white student leaders to avert any violence. The news came on and all talk of demonstrations, of race, of racial inequality stopped. We were a family, and we had lost so many of our family members. As a local resident, I not only lost campus friends and classmates, but members of the community. Murrill Ralsten, Mike Prestera, Dr. Chambers, Happy and Elain Heath, Marcelo.....so many come to mind. I can almost name all of them on the plane.

Not a day goes by, now 36 years later, that I don't think about them and my heart grieves.

-Anonymous

No comments: