Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Friday, August 25, 2006

From an ECU team member

I was the ECU right Defensive End who Art Harris pass blocked most of the game. I have prayed for Art, his Dad and the rest of the Team since the accident.

I made a goal of getting up to Huntington to pay my respects at the Memorials and finally accomplished it about 8 years ago at which time I placed my old ECU purple game helmet that was broken that night so long ago, near the memorial outside of the new stadium. I only wish I could have known Art in a more personal way.

- Mike McGuirk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ECU-TV is planning a video that will be played the week of the ECU-Marshall game.

Anonymous said...

I think that it is wonderful that you accomplished your goal of paying your respects. I am a current Marshall student and I never thought of the effect that the crash had on the other team ECU.