Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

'God bless all involved'

My wife and I were both Marshall Graduates. I served on student government SBVP, and Hodges Hall Dorm Director, and wife was on the Parthenon Staff. At the time of the crash, my wife taught at Cammack Elem, while I was teaching at Huntington High. She was teaching a number of kids whose parents were lost and some of the players were in the dorm when I served as Director of Hodges Hall. I had been close to the coaches and players and a friend of mine and I recommended that the new Director of Admissions get the "tickets" to the Big Game and fly with the dignitaries. Oh, what fate life brings to us all. We still love and support Marshall through number of ways and only hope we have "paid back" from sad difficult memories. God Bless all involved in this terrible tragedy, former and present engaged to the memory of a great University.

Fred and Donna Reeder

No comments: