Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Friday, August 18, 2006

'It still seems like yesterday'

So much time has passed since the crash in 1970, but it still seems like yesterday. I was a freshman at Marshall. It was very difficult to lose so many people at once.

I came very close to having my father Ed Starling on that plane, if my grandfather not died the week before he would have been on that flight.

I'm glad that the story is told. It would have been nice if every one involved could have had their story told. My daughter and mom are thankful though that we were told about the Memorial Ceremony and were able to be a part of it. I'm sure my father would have wanted us to be there.

Gina Starling Gunn
Brentwood, TN 37027

No comments: