Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

'I thank God for his life'

I am a retired Lutheran pastor now living in Northern Ohio. My first parish was in Centerburg, Ohio where two brothers, twins, were members of the church youth group. Both brothers went to Marshall. Richard (Rick) had been red shirted and was killed in the crash. At the time I was serving a parish in Medina, OH, but since the little church in Centerburg had no pastor, I was asked to officiate at Rick's funeral. He was a tough football player but had the heart for God, people and writing poetry. I read one of his poems in the message that day. I often think of his life and legacy. I thank God for his life.
- Rev. Bill Lucht

No comments: