Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

A 'soft spot' for the Herd

I am from a small town in southern Ohio (Wellston), was ten years old at the time, and remember watching the WSAZ news bringing this sad and tragic incident to so many around southern Ohio and West Virginia.

Even though I am an Ohio State Buckeye fan I still have a soft spot in my heart for the Thundering Herd.

I have been to Buckeye football games before wearing a Marshall T-shirt, one I wear with much pride.

For the most tragic story in sports history the whole nation shall see why the town of Huntington, and Marshall University can boldly say with pride "We Are Marshall".

I am extremely excited about the opportunity to see this movie.

Darren Swingle, Chillicothe (Wellston), Ohio

No comments: