Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

'God bless everyone'

I just saw the movie today with more than 300 middle school students from WGMS. The school principal is a Marshall alumni and arranged to take the school to view this piece of history. Needless to say, the students were moved, as were the attending staff. As a parent, I enjoyed the underlying messages.

After returning home, I spoke with my grandmother who is approaching 80 years of age. She told me of her childhood friend who was married to the team physician and had died that November night. She also told me of a local boy who was pulled off of the plane due to a death in his family. I'm sure there are many, many stories yet to be told.

God bless everyone involved for telling this story and reminding all of us the importance of small towns, teamwork and football.

-Anonymouse

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lived in Huntington 1957-65, then moved to Stamford Ct. On the late WCBS news I learned of the tragedy. I immediately called friens in Huntington and learned that several of my friends were on that flight. I now live in Tampa, FL-along with several West Virginians (and Marshall graduates) who keep me advised of local news.