Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

In memory of Dr. Joseph and Peggy Chambers

I have just come from seeing "We Are Marshall" for the second time. I have lived in Huntington all my life, and I feel that we are all one big family because of the size of our town and our love for Marshall University. The only two that I personally knew on the doomed flight Nov. 14, 1970, was Dr. Joseph Chambers and his wife, Peggy. We were all church friends, as well as doctor patient relationships. I also grew up with Debbie Chambers, and thought she was just the sweetest girl ever. She was also a Marshall cheerleader. My heart goes out to everyone who had someone close to them die that terrible night, and for the people that have a great love for this town and Marshall University. This movie deserves an academy award, as far as I'm concerned because I have never felt the same feelings about any other movie in my 58 years of life. May God be with you all, and keep this small town safe from any other tradegy, and may it keep growing by coming from ashes to glory. Rest in Peace, my beloved Marshall family.
-Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw We Are Marshall over the weekend and must say I have never been so moved by a movie in a long time. I was only 8 years old in 1970 and have no recollection of the tragic loss of lives. My thoughts and prayers to each and every one of you touched by this tragic event... and may you know some of us who are complete strangers have now been touched and share in your grief.