Title

1970 Marshall Plane Crash: We Remember

What are your memories of Nov. 14, 1970? Share them here.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

'Pay our respects'

I AM FROM FAUQUIER COUNTY, VA. HOME OF JOHN MARSHALL FOR WHOM MARSHALL UNIVERSITY IS NAMED. I HAVE FAMILY IN WEST VIRGINIA AND CONSIDER THAT STATE TO BE MY SECOND HOME. ALTHOUGH I AM A DEVOUT WVU FAN...I NOW HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE OF HUNTINGTON, WV AND FOR ALL OF THOSE AFFILIATED WITH MARSHALL UNIVERSITY, PRESENT AND PAST. ON MY NEXT TRIP TO PRINCETON TO VISIT MY FAMILY, MY HUSBAND AND I PLAN ON MAKING THE TRIP TO YOUR FINE TOWN AND MAKE OUR WAY TO SPRING HILL CEMETARY TO PAY OUR RESPECTS TO THOSE LOST ON THE 14TH DAY OF NOVEMBER 1970. GOD BLESS

-Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was 9 years old that fateful night in November. I am from Huntington. I bleed green for the Thundering Herd. I went to see the movie the other night and found it to be the most inspiring move I have viewed in quite some time. I am not a resident of Huntington now, but anytime I am asked...I am from Huntington, West Virginia, home of Marshall University!! God Bless the family of MU football players, coaches, families and friends that were and still are associated with that November night in 1970. You will never be forgotten....GO HERD....ASHES to GLORY